The Dong Hanh Scholarship Program was launched in 2001 by a group of Vietnamese students in France to help disadvantaged students in Vietnam. Dong Hanh awarded 265 scholarships to students in 12 universities and to students in their last year of high school in Thua Thien and Ho Chi Minh City during the 2012 – 2013 academic year. Dong Hanh will continue to support students by providing them with scholarships in the 2013 – 2014 academic year, particularly in the second semester.
Universities involved in the program
The Dong Hanh scholarship program is reserved for students from the following universities:
– Hanoi University of Technology
– University of Natural Sciences in Hanoi
– University of Civil Engineering (*)
– University of Transport and Communications (in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City) (***)
– University of Vinh (***)
– University of Technology of Da Nang
– University of Economics of Da Nang
– Education University of Da Nang
– University of Foreign Language of Da Nang
– Polytechnic University of Ho Chi Minh City
– University of Sciences, Ho Chi Minh City
Conditions of Eligibility
– Being a first or second year at one of the above institutions
– Do not have sufficient financial resources
– Having grades above 70-80% and good conduct
– Students who have already obtained a Dong Hanh scholarship can apply, but they must provide the academic results of the most recent semester
The amount of the scholarship for the second semester of the 2013 – 2014 school year is set at 3 million VND (about 105 Euros). The amount of the scholarship for students from the University of Vinh will be determined by the agreements between the Dong Hanh association and the Nghe Tinh association.
Applications must be submitted to the Dong Hanh representatives at the relevant office in each student’s respective university.
Application deadline, interview and publication of results
– The candidates contact the Dong Hanh representative at their university to find the application deadline.
– The deadline for all applications to Dong Hanh is the May 20, 2014.
Applicants who pass the first round of selection will be interviewed in April 2014 with representatives of Dong Hanh at their establishment. After receiving an invitation for an interview, candidates should show up on time at the indicated location. In case of not being able to attend the interview, the candidate should contact the Dong Hanh representative at their university.
Publication of results
The results will be communicated to students by their universities from mid-May 2014 and will be published on the website on May 20 2014.
The candidates may submit questions in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting the Dong Hanh representative at their university.
(*) The Dong Hanh Scholarship Program for the University of Civil Engineering is managed by the Dong Hanh coordinator – Xay Dung.
(**) The Dong Hanh scholarship program for the University of Transport and Communications is managed by the Dong Hanh coordinator – Cau Duong Phap.
(***) The Dong Hanh Scholarship Program for the University of Vinh is managed by the Dong Hanh coordinator – Nghe Tinh. The amount of the scholarship is fixed according to the annual agreements between Dong Hanh and the Nghe Tinh Association.